Friday, April 17, 2015

{7QT 6} - Splenda: The Lesson I Forgot I Learned





In case you weren't already aware of it, this coming week is National Infertility Week. Please remember in your prayers all couples who are struggling with fertility problems.



Listening to Pitter Patter talk about all of the different animals she saw at the zoo is, on occasion hilarious.

"Flamingo" usually comes out sounding like "Pimento."


On the other hand, she has started saying "double-you" for "W" instead of just "double", so that's a plus.


Our gas dryer inexplicably decided to stop producing heat Sunday afternoon, so after a quick trip to do some laundry at my in-laws, we managed to get it fixed yesterday. Pitter Patter really enjoyed talking to the repairmen.

If you're in the Baton Rouge area, I totally recommend Home 360. They were quick, tidy, and they even helped keep Pitter Patter busy while I was reading over the documentation they gave me and writing the check.


I pulled out my old Lava Lamp to let Pitter Patter watch it go - just to see how she'd handle it. (and partly out of nostalgia) By all accounts, she thinks it is the most boring thing she's ever seen - and I really tried to get her interested in it.

Incidentally, I also timed how long it took the lamp to get going. I won't bore you with it, but I am a big nerd.


I've gone through quite a lot of pictures in the last week. I've got the ones from 2015 done, and now I'm starting on both ends (2009 and 2014) and working toward the middle. I've gotten an alarming number of pictures from the honeymoon (2009) done. Yay!

Incidentally, we went to Hawaii, the big island. Incidentally, only half of the island is a tropical paradise. The other half is a blasted wasteland.

The Big Island is home to five mountains...
I'm pretty sure this one is Mauna Loa.

 One sleepy volcano...

Here's Kilauaea
Some Beautiful Bonanical gardens...


And the most polite graffiti I have ever seen...
Those are white rocks that have been collected together and arranged on top of brown ones.

I spent a lot of time trying to get good pictures of the ocean. These are two of my better pictures.


I'm trying to lose some weight again before Baby Ball 2.0 gets underway, and so I asked Daniel to pick up a bag of Splenda for my coffee on his last trip to Sam's.

I usually drink coffee with about 2 1/2 teaspoons of some sweetening agent in any given cup, and I drink 2 or 3 cups every day.

What had I forgotten about Splenda?

It makes my feet hurt. First thing in the morning, right when I get out of bed, the first fifteen steps I take, my feet hurt (sometimes badly enough that those fifteen steps are difficult to take)... and then it  goes away.

I know. Wierd, right? Three days after I started using it in my coffee, my feet started hurting first thing in the morning.

It makes me really question my use of Splenda - and, wondering why, I started poking around on the internet to find out why Spenda makes my feet hurt, and found a bunch of stuff that kind of scared me. Something about chlorine and there were passing mentions of both Agent Orange and pesticides.

This morning, I functionally switched back to Sugar. I might use the rest of the Splenda at a much slower rate, but  nothing like the four or five tablespoons a day that I was doing before.




For more Quick Takes, visit This Ain't the Lyceum!

No comments:

Post a Comment