Sunday, February 14, 2016

Bad Blogger, Good Mommy

You may have noticed that I have not posted for a few weeks. For that, I apologize.

My water broke unexpectedly (and inconveniently) one evening in January, and I had to go to the hospital and have a baby! It was a wonderful birth experience that I am looking forward to typing up and sharing sometime in the not-too-distant future. (Don't worry - baby was plenty old enough to be born. We just.. .weren't expecting it to be that night and we had company over...)

Baby and I have both been doing very well, but I forgot exactly how much time being a new mommy consumed. - Especially the time that is consumed with napping.

With all of the new baby stuff that I had to do, and being exhausted from being pregnant... I was ready to be a new mommy again, but this blog definitely wasn't. I think I'm okay with that, and I hope you don't mind. Priorities, you know? God first, then family... I'll get back to looking after my blog when I get my parenting sea legs under me again.

Ain't she cute.
Yep. Being a new mommy (again) has definitely been consuming all of my attention, and I still feel like I'm not ready! It seems like I've only just now gotten everything in order for one day... and then the baby clothes - which were sorted at one time - have been conveniently been unsorted. Not to mention any names, but I'm pretty sure that this is the responsible party. ------------------------------------->


So that everyone will know what to expect going forward, I wanted to go ahead and post what my intentions are:

Sunday reading reflections are going to be suspended until Easter (at least) - it may be through the end of the Easter season. I will update on this later, as it will depend greatly on how things are going.
This will give me time to spend with my newborn and help Pitter Patter adjust to life with a sibling. I'm a mom before I'm a blogger.

It will also give me a chance to try to get rolling with cloth diapering before I try to put any feeling of "responsibility" on myself.
I will be intermittently posting baby pictures. (Did I even need to specify this, right?)
Pretty sure I have the world's cutest kids. I intend to post some evidence as soon as I have the energy. :-)
When I'm not too sleep deprived, I plan on participating in the Seven Quick Takes.
Probably mostly with baby pictures. (I'm sure everybody is going to argue with me on this!! Because NOBODY likes to see baby pictures...)

Here is one of the pictures we took at the hospital with our nice point-and-shoot. We had a friend there who has professional quality equipment, and we're looking forward to getting his pictures sometime soon. One of the downfalls of most hospital gowns is that the wearer all-too-often looks like they aren't wearing clothes at all, and a lot of pictures that we currently have suffer from this. This is one of the best pictures we got:

No comments:

Post a Comment