Friday, April 3, 2015

{7QT 4} - Ducks in a Row


 

Happy Good Friday! Today is the day to begin the Divine Mercy Novena, if you plan to participate. (I've never been totally sure about that until this year!!)



I don't know if it's obvious from the pictures of my little girl, but she's way over 1, and it has been long since time to wean. (She really is ready.)

I had planned on doing it right after the new year; "life happened" when I was making plans. (If you've been following me for a little while, you know that our family basically never went more than two days without one of us being sick for about a month or so starting in the last week of January.)

I really didn't want to be asking her to get used to "something new" when she wasn't feeling good.

When we finally recovered completely, and got caught up a bit on housework, I started removing one nursing session a week (of which there were three remaining) until only one remained.

We gave up that bedtime nurse up this week. My big girl is (officially) no longer a baby.


Pitter Patter got a large collection of rubber ducks for Christmas, which she loves to leave scattered all over the house. (Thanks, Mom.)

For no observable reason, she decided that it was time for us to get our ducks in a row, and so she took care of that for me.
Quite Literally.



This week, we signed up for our local library's "1000 Books Before Kindergarten" challenge. They say that you can count each book, each time you read it, but I'd really prefer to read as many different books as I can, so we'll be going to the Library a little more frequently than we have been.

At the rate Pitter Patter usually asks for books to be read to her, I figure we'll probably be done by Christmas!


It amazes me, how much my daughter has changed in the last year, and how much more she can talk. She can almost always tell me what it is that she wants, now. (And she usually uses her words, AND says "Please" and "Thank you"...)

Last year at this time, if it wasn't "Mama" or "Dada", it was almost certainly...



I never get tired of watching that video...


I don't know if you've been following Brittany's Letting God Lead Series over at Equipping Godly Women, but I've been looking forward to the conclusion (which she posted earlier this week).

It has been a thoughtfully written consideration of a large number of Catholic teachings that are broadly misunderstood by Protestants. It is by a large margin the most respectful consideration of Catholic teachings by someone who continues to be a Protestant that I have ever read.

Currently, her husband is Catholic, but she is not. (Sounds REALLY familiar to me.) It would be good for us all to keep her in our prayers. My understanding is that she is still open to converting to the Catholic faith, and that she wants to learn all she can beforehand, which I wholly respect - there is a lot to know.



Last year, I made Pitter Patter an adorable little dress for Easter - it was the last thing I made with my very expensive sewing machine.

I'm looking for a source for easy, free patterns for sewing. (reusable grocery bags, diaper covers / bloomers, baby quilts)

Anybody know a place?


For more Quick Takes, visit This Ain't the Lyceum!

No comments:

Post a Comment